The objective of this consultancy is to develop a business plan for Warappa Foundation, based on the current and planned operations, and investments at Bakkie and the Warappa creek.
– A Business plan for Bakkie and the Warappa creek, with different scenarios.
The key activities of the student, in close cooperation with the Warappa Foundation, includes:
– The review of the relevant documents, reports etc.;
– The consultation of/ brainstorming with key stakeholders ;
– The collection of additional data and visit of location/area;
– The assessment of the market;
– The assessment of the organizational feasibility (organigram, staff requirements/availability):
– The determination of the financial-economic feasibility including: list of required investments in infrastructure, construction, equipment, transport material, and working capital; calculation of operational costs for a project lifetime of 10 years; revenues based on expected volumes and prices; calculation of the Cash Flow and profitability (IRR, NPV and PBT) as well as risk assessment/sensitivity analysis.
– The identification of existing financing options and conditionalities, including determining amount of equity and bank loan; and the calculation of the repayment capacity of the loan.
– The formulation of a draft Business Plan;
– The discussion of and inclusion of comments;
– The formulation of a final Business Plan.
Organization and Time-frame of assignment
The work will be undertaken during a discontinuous period of 12 weeks, starting as soon as possible. Deliverables are approved in close collaboration with Warappa Foundation.
The student is responsible for a periodic report, six (6) weeks after signing the work commences.
A monthly communication and update between, Warappa Foundation and the student will be planned.
Both the draft and the final report are in the English language of which 3 hard copies and 1 soft copy (electronically) are submitted.